Neil Patrick Harris during last night’s eight o’clock performance of the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT in Orlando, FL.
Please don’t remove the credit. I’m crazy happy with this one given the tough shooting conditions and what not. Thank you!
Marina and the Ray on Flickr.
A friend’s daughter at SeaWorld a few weeks ago.
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE DESCRIPTION AND CREDIT IF YOU REBLOG, PLEASE!!!
Rest in peace, Jozu.
I am so lucky to have met you twice when many ever only saw you do your thing.
Laying my hands on you, swimming with you, learning a bit from you… it changed me, bettered me.
I will never see my favorite cetacean ever again; I am completely at a loss.
Goodbye, sweet girl
February 17, 2006 outside (the now defunct) Virgin Megastore in Orlando, FL.
Trying to remember when last I’d seen William Beckett, I trolled through an old photo account and finally found this pretty horrible photo. Kid loved that flippin’ sweater and wore it pretty much all the time, from what I recall.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll post an photo from last week’s show. Maybe.
Before I forget, things about seeing William Beckett @ The Social on 5/24/12:
- Opening act = Cara Salimando = GO LISTEN TO HER NOW BECAUSE OMG.
- Main deal = Beckett, of course = Same flawless voice, acoustic for the show.
- That’s right… ACOUSTIC. Which is really how I prefer music live most of the time.
- Meeting The Man himself was pretty excellent, given the hoard of girls who waited to meet him (and a few dudes).
- I waited around to drag him in to the photobooth since I was ridin’ solo to the show (because apparently no one knows who TAI… is anymore?). It took an hour, but it happened, hence the photo with my face blurred.
- I got homeboy to wear dollar store glasses. With leopard print on the side.
- And then I pretended to sleep on him since it was fucking midnight.
- Also pleased to hear he was sorted in to Ravenclaw on Pottermore, hence the socks he recently posted twice on Twitter (which he received ten minutes before the photobooth sesh), even if he considers himself a Slytherin.
- “Cedric Diggory was really just a closet Hufflepuff.” Thanks for those words, Becks.
- Apparently their van was towed by Orlando police. um,amazing.
Having a computer again means I can delve back into my photography in earnest. So here’s a take on a famous quote from Peter Pan, only with a slightly more positive twist. Also, forgive my horrendous handwriting.
Stand out in a crowd by having a positive attitude, my friends. And smile. It works wonders on just about everything.
18/366. 348 to go.
More casual self reblogging going on here. Mostly because I really like how this photo turned out in the end. And the message. And I’m narcissistic. Not really, but I’m reblogging anyway!
Battling a cold and food poisoning = sleeping all day = unimaginative photo of a cat.
8/366. 358 to go.
Casually reblogging myself because I have the most photogenic cat EVER.
Merry Ho-Ho-Holidays! on Flickr.
I took this at 3am this morning. I’ve never been so happy with a quicky photo at night. Merry Christmas to all of my followers! I hope Santa’s been good to you!
This was my first ever gingerbread man he and came to me via Panera. The drink? Caramel Apple Spice, aka my new favorite fall/winter beverage from Starbucks!
I’ve been at my zoo in one way or another for a year and a half now. When I found out the Education department animals included two owls, I - a self proclaimed owl fanatic - nearly died. I’ve been handling our little Screech owl, Otus (who has many photos scattered throughout my blog), for over a year now and I love him to pieces, but I always had the goal of working up to our Great Horned Owl, Hal. Due to his size, behavior, and general intimidation factor, Hal is the last animal anyone will work with in the Education department, so I figured I would have to wait a while. But then I was hired as an employee at my zoo (twice over, as I have technically two positions there), I felt I had a reason to ask. Good thing I did, given the head of Education agreed.
Today, I finally achieved my goal and was trained on Hal. Goal: accomplished!
(PS. Hal is missing his right wing and no, I don’t know why. He was a Louisiana animal, but his facility was ruined during Hurricane Katrina and the zoo that had him could no longer care for him, so he came to us about a year after it happened. He gets on fine without it and is the reason that he is a non-releasable animal and has a lovely home at my zoo!)